Friday 11 July 2014

Steven's Review for Arts Award

STEVEN
What did you experience?
The experience I had was a sense of feeling a very intense and dramatic, but also entertaining piece of Theatre and performance. You felt an warmth of emotion wash over you from when the play began until the ending curtain started falling, as it encaptured you and become part of your life and we became part of their lives, experiences and their sad but in no doubt eventful journey.
What did you like?
I liked the intensity of it, how the scenes transitioned and how good the designs of the sets were and also I loved the characters, in how they acted and performed so well, and so real, really making you feel like they were experiencing and going through that personal journey with them. But what I enjoyed the most was the story, the script, what happened within, and the journey we went on with the characters which really made it feel powerful, wonderful and quite beautiful to watch.
What could be better?
I don’t really think anything could have been done better, as I thought it was an excellent performance, from start to finish.
Would you recommend it and why?

I would definitely recommend it to others, but will say at times it can be quite hard to watch, and some scenes are emotional. But in terms of mental health I think it’s a good play to watch, as you can maybe grasp more understanding, and see where we have come from in terms of treatment and how we see mental illness, but generally all round it was a well performed piece which many others would enjoy and benefit from seeing I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment