Wednesday 9 July 2014

Kirsty's: Planning an arts event review for Arts Award

KIRSTY
Planning my arts event
In January 2014 as part of my involvement on The Fresh project – which is a volunteer programme in Leeds, I was invited for free to see a opera at the grand theatre in Leeds.
I really enjoyed the performance, it was the first time I had seen opera, so I asked Space2 Leeds who run The Fresh project to let me know when or if any more free tickets for opera were on offer.
In February Emma from Space2 told me about La Bohem tickets, I asked if I could go again as I knew what expect and thought would enjoy it.
What did you experience as audience member?
La Bohem, Opera North, Wednesday 7 May 2014
What did you like best and why?
I liked the music because you always knew what was coming next, whether it was sad or happy.
I liked the fact that it wasn’t in English, because even though I didn’t understand the words I still understood the story.
The set design was interesting – the cafe scene was on wheels and rotated and it didn’t even look like anyone was moving it etc it was really clever. I thought all the characters were amazing I would definitely go again.
What do you think could have been done better?
I don’t think there could be anything better about the opera La Boheme it was really good.
Would you recommend it to others?

I would definitely recommend this opera to anyone who enjoys performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment